Firefighter's family loses home and Christmas gifts in house fire

Posted December 26, 2017

A Vancouver man used a garden hose to try and douse a blaze at his house on Christmas Eve.

Several families are displaced after a garage fire damaged several apartment units Monday morning, according to the Phoenix Fire Department. Fire crews immediately upgraded the fire to two alarms when they arrived on the scene because they ran into a major problem. Crews did rescue residents from the third floor.

Firefighters put out the fire fairly quickly.

Firefighters received a call of a structure fire at about 10 a.m.at a residence in the 2700 block of Lexington Avenue, Merced Fire Battalion Chief Jeremy Franklin said.

More news: Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt with 3 GB RAM appears
More news: Mauled by dogs: Sheriff offers gruesome details to end speculation
More news: Palestinian Presidency Calls US Veto a Mockery of the International Community

One woman was taken to the hospital as a precaution, her condition is unknown at this time.

CMPD says both trailers are destroyed and Red Cross is assisting in housing one of the families.

Fire officials say the connected apartments sustained a large amount of smoke damage, and as a result, ten people have been displaced.

A joint investigation has been launched by the police and fire service to establish the cause of the blaze.