At least 15 people were killed and 70 injured when two blasts ripped through the Tori Market here on Friday, political authorities say. An emergency has been imposed in hospitals in the area, and the injured are being taken to the District General Hospital in Parachinar.
At least 30 of the wounded were in critical condition, according to hospital officials, and some of the severely injured were ferried to Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province.
Provincial minister Shaukat Yusufzai said the blast affected those who were presented in the market for shopping ahead of the Eid-ul-Fitr, while many were moving out of town for the upcoming holidays.
Earlier this year in March, a vehicle bomb blast outside an imambargah located in a busy Parachinar market claimed the lives of 24 people and left 90 others injured. People were at the market buying food for iftar, the meal breaking the fast in the evening during the holy month of Ramadan when the explosions occurred.
On March 31, a auto bomb blast near an Imambargah of Shia Muslims killed 23 people and injured 70 others.More news: Hotpoint CHAOS: Firm behind Grenfell Tower fire in SECOND scandal
More news: President Trump nominates legal luminaries as judges
More news: Donald Trump has no intention of firing Robert Mueller: White House
President Mamnoon Hussain, Senate Chairman Raza Rabbani, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Governor Balochistan Muhammad Khan Achakzai and former president Asif Ali Zardari, among others, also condemned the attack.
Kakar blamed India for the Quetta blast.
Officials said body parts of the suspected bomber, strewn across the site of the blast, were being collected along with other evidence for forensic examination.
The injured were moved to Quetta's Civil Hospital, while a rescue operation is still underway.